Our easy 15 minute sherry garlic shrimp, and olive oil combine with paprika to give these sizzled shrimp a Spanish flair. In Spain, sherry or lemon juice is not always used, but either one adds a nice contrast to the richness of the oil and garlic. Works great with squid or scallops too.
Here's what you need Ingredients
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bag of our 16/20 shrimp, peeled and deveined – click here
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or you can use lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
What to do Directions
Heat olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and paprika in a large skillet over medium-high heat until oil is hot and garlic is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Increase the heat to high and add shrimp. Cook until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 3 minutes.
Pour sherry into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish servings with chopped parsley.