Fresh Peameal bacon is sweet, pickled pork-backs rolled in cornmeal. This is thick sliced, 7 – 8 count. Peameal bacon is made from lean, boneless pork loin, wet cured and rolled in cornmeal. It is not smoked. Comes Frozen
- Peameal bacon is an iconic national breakfast food. Peameal bacon must be cooked. Griddle, bake, barbecue or roast it.
- Peameal bacon is sometimes confused with Canadian bacon, which is smoked.
- Peameal bacon is lean and has less fat than regular bacon.
- Cooking instructions: Fry or broil on medium to high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- This item should be stored in the freezer section of your foodservice operation.
Sliced on a bun with Cheddar cheese, in a sandwich or burger, as a side for breakfast, roasted and sliced for sandwiches or main course.
Product can be pan fried, cooked on a flat top grill, open flame grill, roasted, BBQ.